WGIG – 1440 AM Contest Rules – updated August, 20,2010
QANTUM OF Brunswick, LLC
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be Georgia residents of who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Employees of the radio station WGIG Qantum of Brunswick LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, contest sponsors, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any other Myrtle Beach area radio station and the immediate family members (i.e. spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or win.
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise.
2. Contestants may only win one prize per person and per household every 30 days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond 30 days, contestants and households may only win one prize per contest. Contestants with major prizes may have additional restrictions. Winner(s) of prizes greater in value than $100 (“major prizes”) cannot win another prize of that value or greater within 90 days. Additionally, winners of “major” prizes from other Qantum Communications’ stations (WQGA , WMOG, WGIG, WYNR, WBGA and WHFX) cannot win a “major prize” within the same 90-day window. Additionally, for major contests (value of $100 or more) contestants may only participate in an attempt to win said prize, once per day, 12 midnight – 11:59pm, Monday through Friday.
3. WGIG and Qantum of Brunswick LLC, are not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, disconnected, not received or are illegible.
4. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by Station Management to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. All entries become property of Qantum of Myrtle Beach LLC and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. WGIG management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of WGIG shall be final. Entry into station contests constitutes agreement by contestant by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by WGIG .
6. Only contestants 18 years of age or older can win monetary prizes.
1. All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the WGIG studios at 3833 US 82 – Brunswick, GA 31523 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed.
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. Additionally, ALL winners are required to sign a Winner’s Release relieving WGIG, Qantum of Brunswick LLC, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release will forfeit the contest prize.
3. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are NOT redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4. Prizes that are not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of WGIG. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of WGIG Management.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in these rules and/or the specific contest rules issued by WGIG.
6. By participating in the contest, each contestant hereby consents to WGIG Qantum of Brunswick LLC using the contestant’s name, voice, likeness, biographical information, his/her participation in the contest, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct and/or eligible entries received and depend on the particular type of contest being run. All tie breaking procedures will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
2. Complete rules are available at the WGIG studios at 3833 US 82 – Brunswick, GA 31523 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3. WGIG contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. WGIG Qantum of Brunswick LLC, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility of liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. WGIG reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from the rules set forth herein, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
5. WGIG reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time for any reason. WGIG will be the final approving authority on any matter relating to any contest.
WGIG – 1440 AM Contest Rules – updated August, 20,2010