aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Anyone still here??????

(12 posts)
  1. HESTENI

No one has posted for a lonnnnngggg time.

Posted on April 21, 2014 - 09:27 AM #
  2. jr45acp

I was wondering the same thing early yesterday. I've noticed a significant drop in various forums and their activity. I belong to a couple of blues forums that were absolute jewels of information and in late 2013 activity suddenly dropped. Sort of makes me scratch my head and say "Hmmmm!"

Posted on April 21, 2014 - 10:33 AM #
  3. ryfun
    Key Master

Facebook has all but destroyed a LOT of internet forums...

Posted on May 6, 2014 - 12:40 PM #
  4. Old Guy

Maybe some folks are afraid the NSA will sick the DHS on them. All you need to be to qualify as a domestic terrorist is be a veteran, tea party member, or old white dude. Or maybe we just got bored. I swear, I can hardly watch the news any more. Seems like everything is about racism or **** stuff. Putin in 2016! Maybe we can find an Alaskan birth certificate for him. I like his style. But it will likely be Bush-Clinton.

Posted on May 13, 2014 - 11:08 PM #
  5. Old Guy

There is no simple way I can express what I attempted above without the NewSpeak auto censor editing out a commonly used word that would be acceptable to most readers. How can I say this? I am weary of being bombarded with stories of racism and sexual orientation being attached to every story. Let's see if the NewSpeak editor allows this.

Posted on May 14, 2014 - 12:06 PM #
  6. Gene

I check in here every once in a while. I too think Facebook and other sites took over. One fishing site I have been on since 1999 is about dead. Glad to see some old faces/names here though, hope all are doing well. I am still gardening with wifey, and still into air rifles. If Glynn cty ever gets invaded by black bulls-eyes, I'm yer Huckleberry. At 10 M anyway. lol There is just something about an accurate rifle, no matter the power.

Posted on May 19, 2014 - 11:06 AM #
  7. Gene

hehe, I forgot I am ole Unca Si. What a nut.

Posted on May 19, 2014 - 11:07 AM #
  8. benjycompson

It is a shame this forum moved to Facebook.

Local folks need a place to opine anonymously without good ol boy retaliations. This is a very small town.

Posted on July 11, 2014 - 12:09 PM #
  9. Alden

Hello everyone! First post!

I think that the registration process may have had something to do with it. You want it easy enough to encourage participation, but not so easy spammers/scammers and the ill will folks to dominate the time.

I don't know about Quantum's policies, but I bet that there are at least a few that would be willing to help moderate, and there are some advances everyday in forum and spam moderation. I do know that Scott is a busy man.

What are yall's thoughts? Scott, can you maybe tell us yours?

Posted on September 18, 2014 - 09:12 AM #
  10. Alden

Also, I noticed that subscribing to forums threads you've participated in must be opt in, and is not on by default. This is not the standard, and certainly makes an impact. I find it better to unsubscribe f you wish to opine but not get informed of a response, instead of requiring me to remember to check the little bitty box.

Posted on September 18, 2014 - 09:19 AM #
  11. Gene

Welcome. Back in the day, we were a pretty busy local forum. Like most of the message boards I am on, they are a dying breed. At one time it was here, for me anyway, that I first learned of local news, sometimes while it was still happening. I will still come here to answer a question that was asked on the radio, I get all studdering on the phone with Lauren, I don't think I have ever called in to Scott, for the above reason. Sounds like their was alot of action in Bwick last night w the military doing exercises, would have loved to see that.

Posted on September 18, 2014 - 12:13 PM #
  12. Alden

Thank you for the welcoming Gene. Do you know of any active local forums?

I get "stage fright", or whatever it is, as well. I'll be able to say what I want and ready to respond appropriately, but as soon as I hear, Scott say you're on the air, I get tunnel vision. It's not that bad most of the time. But I sure have to fool myself into thinking I'm just on the phone with a friend, without wasting time.

Posted on September 21, 2014 - 11:23 AM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware