aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Beach parking fees

(20 posts)
  1. Gene

A big fat ole NO!!!!!! Talking about kicking a (Brantley/Ware Cty) man when he is down. There is a reason why some carry a picnic lunch to the beach, they don't have money. More people will park along roads for free if a fee is charged. Where is all the rain water going to go if we paved the coast guard station lot? Now it just soaks into the sand. Black top is too hot to walk on to, with bare feet. $380K for the parking fee machines? $4 isn't going to kill anyone, but to have to pay a fee to go to a free public owned beach, stinks.

Posted on June 19, 2013 - 09:39 AM #
  2. Crossbow

Scott was way too on board with that. Only day I would have loved to be there to stick it to these weasels that see prosperity and want to tax it or tax someone that isnt in their voting base. And no way I would ever vote for target tax Dale.

Posted on June 19, 2013 - 04:40 PM #
  3. Gobbleman

FEE = TAX....all of our co. comm are against new taxes when they are running for office....then they get elected and a transformation takes place. Sea Is. is one of the most wealthy zip codes in the US....either we are NOT taxing them equally or we are spending WAY too much on non-essential items....with the Sea Is taxes we should be ROLLING in $$....BOE wants to raise taxes, Co, Comm is constantly looking for revenue....when will it stop...never mind...it WON'T

Posted on June 19, 2013 - 07:18 PM #
  4. Crossbow

If we need money this bad then we need to stop spending money on county workers at Christmas and picnics. The parking issue is complex but the answer according to Dale is simple. Tax the ones it would hurt the most. At any given moment hundreds or cars on SSI are parked on the county right of way in front of houses. Sell them a permit. Dale wants to tax those coming to the beach but not those living at the beach. Tax parking at redfern, the fun zone and the village. Charge to park at the airport and for the Golf tournaments.

Posted on June 19, 2013 - 08:15 PM #
  5. Gobbleman

How about a tax to post on this forum?? Tax each of us retro to 3 years ago at $1 per post....also, tax on how FAT folks are....tax the carts at Walmart ....$3/hour.....there is a LOT of $$ to be made that no one has considered!!

Posted on June 20, 2013 - 10:48 PM #
  6. Gene

where is this 30 acres of land on SSI?

Posted on June 21, 2013 - 09:24 AM #
  7. Crossbow

Walking down the beach to the left. Goes all the way to 9th street and East Beach property owners have cleared the county land for their own use. Almost directly across from the restrooms.

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 06:22 PM #
  8. Gobbleman

If the county decides to do something with that 30 acres they better increase the legal fees budget.....East Beach land owners will put up a HUGE legal fight to protect their investments. There is much less than 30 acres of "usable" land in this tract.
    If more parking area is needed why not use the area east of the restrooms where the sail boats are stored?? How much does this space provide in rental fees???

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 07:42 PM #
  9. Crossbow

You only need less than 3 acres to double the parking area that is there now. And what kind of fight can they put up? One to keep using County land for their own use ? Wouldn't that look ridiculous in court? Most of the land that connects with the 30 acre track is empty and unimproved and owned by investment companies.

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 07:45 PM #
  10. Gobbleman

Give me an example of when "looking ridiculous in court" stopped a law suit. I know some of those folks who live very close to this area....there would be a legal fight.

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 07:49 PM #
  11. Crossbow

Let me help you read. Again. Most of the lots that connect to the county land is empty and unimproved and not owned by the people that own houses on East Beach. Those improved lots are two lots to the west. Your claim is purely hypothetical and reflects a point in time that hasn't occurred.

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 07:55 PM #
  12. Gobbleman

I dont care WHO owns the lots.....there WILL be trouble...right here in River City....I am a super-predictor......in fact have a degree in prognostication from Pee Univ. aka PU! Lighten up CB....you take yourself way too seriously!!

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 08:17 PM #
  13. Crossbow

No, I took it that you had a brain. Wont waste my time again.

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 08:50 PM #
  14. Gobbleman

why must you insult? Does it give you pleasure or a feeling of superiority?? You just might be surprised to learn just how much brain I do have.....your insults remind me of another who used to post here but that person will go un-named

Posted on June 22, 2013 - 09:46 PM #
  15. Crossbow

It is an insult to find out I wasted time on a clown. We have a tax and spend commission billing us for killing us and your contribution to the debate is like you are in a circus with your superior fortune telling skills. I dont see that as an insult, I see it as a fact.

Posted on June 23, 2013 - 01:26 PM #
  16. Gobbleman

"I took it you had a brain" is an insult. Try taking the HIGH ROAD occasionally the view is better from up there!

Posted on June 23, 2013 - 03:57 PM #
  17. Gene

thanks Gobbleman. This sounds like a no brainer, expand the parking lot and be done with it. Like Crow said only some 3A is all they need, and no black top.

Posted on June 24, 2013 - 02:14 PM #
  18. Crossbow

The no brainier would to get these commissioners out of office. And never vote for another X county employee again or someone taking care of The Chamber and Realtors .

Posted on June 27, 2013 - 04:17 PM #
  19. Crossbow

And these radio spots with the PR girl , well I just change the channel. I didnt elect her.

Posted on June 27, 2013 - 04:19 PM #
  20. Crossbow

Mention the 30 acres of county land the east beach property owners have been using and all goes quiet.

Posted on July 1, 2013 - 09:30 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware