aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

FLETC Wake up Glynn County

(5 posts)
  1. Rhonda101

Today's Brunswick News; State Dept. to build their own training center in Virginia. Well now here's a surprise. Senators, Mark Warner and Tim Kaine and Rep's Jim Moran and Bobby Scott, senior leadership and Friends of Obama. Oh and by the way the FBI is going to move their HQ from DC to Virginia, 180 acres to include the Training center for FBI/DEA. This was to come to Glynn County. In 1985 DEA left Glynn County. One year later Woody Woodside said, "What can we do to keep DEA in Glynn County?". 96 families put their homes on the market. In 1994 the Border Patrol moved to Charleston and then later Artesia, NM. One year later Woody Woodside asked, "What can we do to keep the Border Patrol in Glynn County?" I here people ask, what ever happened to all those FLETC students that use to be around town? FLETC has spent hundreds of millions of dollars the past few years to develop the absolute finest training center in the world, times 20. Glynn County is getting NOTHING from our leadership in Washington. Soon we will be standing around asking ourselves, what ever happened to FLETC?

Posted on October 1, 2013 - 07:57 AM #
  2. SickNTired

I agree FLETC is very much a economy driver for Glynn County.. However, IF they would cut 1/2 the people who are so called instructors who are over paid by 2,3, and even 4 times too much then we as a country may have some extra funds that is needed to train more students.. It is pathetic the amount of money that is blown on a bunch of arrogant, unpleasant, rude, and undeserving people who are nothing more than sucking the life out of our nation because they brag about deserving everything they get.. They are pathetic,,.. I hope everyone at FLETC looses their job and have to really go to work...

There ya go.......

Posted on October 1, 2013 - 01:33 PM #
  3. Rhonda101

Interesting perspective... FLETC has brought a great deal of talent to the Glynn County area in the past 40 years, forget the $$$$$$. Every fundraiser the community has there is a FLETC presence.. Road races, relay for life, Toys for Tots at Christmas, food bank, blood bank. You name it, FLETC is there. We have one federal employee that was transferred here. His wife works at the hospital. She is one of the finest pediatric surgeons in the country. She took a job here because her family was here. Husbands and wives work in our school system, hospital, local governments and own businesses here. Most of the FLETC staff work all day and then join their children at "T" ball, softball, football, soccer after getting off. When a small baby was murdered, better than a hundred FLETC staff and students helped the Glynn County Police Dept. look for him. Yes they make a lot of money and can live the good life here. What would that pay check be worth in Ney York City, San Francisco or Washington. The government cannot cut their pay 50% because they live in the Golden Isles. If Intel, GE or Microsoft came to Glynn County they too would be making a lot more money than those people working at the pulp mill. Thanks FLETC for making Glynn County a better place to live and for all you do.

Posted on October 1, 2013 - 05:49 PM #
  4. Crossbow

I wish the navy was still here. I appreciate FLETC but the navy had more spenders and a larger footprint. Glynn County is totally invested in tourism and those making the real money off of tourism are perfectly satisfied with the rest of us starving. And the Pulp Mill pays **** good money.

Posted on October 4, 2013 - 08:25 PM #
  5. Old Guy

Did FLETC train those Captol Police who executed the unarmed confused woman yesterday? We have home grown cops that can to that. I say, bring back the Navy.

Posted on October 4, 2013 - 11:25 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware