aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Jeff Kilgore dropped the ball

(12 posts)
  1. redhot

Jeff Kilgore dropped the ball
    The Glynn County Republican party puts it’s faith and trust in Republican ice chairman Jeff Kilgore. I feel, with this election, the republican party messed up by doing so. There are some fine candidates running for JWSC. And a few names that should not even be on the ballot. The Republican Party agreed to run an ad with all the JWSC candidates. A 7 question survey was delivered to all JWSC candidates. Each one answered the questions and returned them to Jeff Kilgore. Jeff Kilgore said, and I saw a copy of this with my own eyes, that the Republicans will publish all the candidates questions and answers in the local paper, before the NOV 6 election. He also went on to say, that if any candidates does not answer and get the answers to him, that the Republican Party will print the candidates name in the ad and say in the ad that the candidate refused to answer the questions.
    I looked over my weekend edition of the Brunswick News today. It was nice to see the Brunswick News rerun the JWSC candidates 2 questions and answers that the BN published October 15. It was also nice to see the BN publish more questions and answers from other candidates for county Commission and US House.
    What was disheartening was that Jeff Kilgore dropped the ball. I hear it is not the first time and I hear it most likely will not be the last. I applaud the republican Party for taking time to ask the JWSC candidates the questions. Too bad the Glynn County Democrats did not bother to ask the same candidates any questions. And too bad that Jeff Kilgore, let down this community, again. Thanks Jeff Kilgore. I’m sure the candidates will put their faith and trust in you again. NOT!!!

Posted on November 3, 2012 - 05:01 AM #
  2. Jeff Kilgore

Just a couple of thoughts Bruce :
    1. I knew that The Brunswick News was going to re-run the profile today.
    2. You were over ten days LATE in submitting your responses.
    3. I called you and left four messages, sent you two E Mails through your web site, and reminded you in person at a JWSC meeting that you had NOT submitted your response.
    4. By the time you DID submit your response, I was too busy working on other issues to take the time to compile the information, as the LOST sales tax negotiations was a higher priority in my opinion, particularly since TBN was running essentially the same information.

So, don't get your "do rag" to out of shape Bruce, since you are not going to win anyway. As far as my work in the City of Brunswick and Glynn County and what I do for the Republican Party, I do not recall EVER seeing you at a Republican Party meeting prior to the JWSC matter coming up and I do not recall EVER seeing you at a JWSC meeting either. I have attended most of both of those organizations meetings over the previous three years, and I just cannot remember ever seeing you Bruce. And believe me, I would remember a Charlatan ex-wrestler with a do rag.

It might interest you to know that I worked diligently for over two years to force the vote to allow citizen representation on the JWSC, and that I originated the concept of 2 elected and 3 appointed by the Grand Jury. I just cannot remember you ever doing anything to help me during that process Bruce.

Based on all of the above, I ENDORSE BOB BROWN FOR POST 1 OF THE JWSC.

A reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    Posted on November 3, 2012 - 01:40 PM #
  3. brucepobanz

To begin with, my name is Bruce Pobanz. No idea who many are here and it is none of my business who they are. Got a message when I came home tonight to check the 1440 Forum. I admit, I check it every once in awhile now. Been a member since back in 2007 I think. Have not posted in many months. Maybe even a year or so. As to Jeff Kilgore posting a rant about Bruce. I assume he means me since he talks about a candidate on the JWSC election and I’m the only Bruce I know of that is running. Jeff is entitled to his opinion. Jeff is entitled to endorse anyone he wants. And good luck to whoever wins. Now if Jeff wants to talk with me. He has my phone number. He has my e-mail. My correct e-mail now he says. I would gladly sit down and chat with him. As to posting something here, like this “Just a couple thoughts Bruce”. I used to post here. Like many others I stopped posting here. Maybe I’ll start posting again. In closing, if Jeff Kilgore has an issue, and he wants to show respect and sit down and ask me some questions. I’m not hard to find. In fact I spent the last three days at the Republican Headquarters manning the front desk and answering the phone. Plus you can get hold of me much faster by a phone call or e-mail since I have not checked this forum in a few weeks. And was not planning on checking it today but an e-mail suggested I do. As to me posting here again. I probably will. Scott tries to run a good clean friendly community here. Scott I feel shows respect to the readers and contributors here. So in closing, I am Bruce Pobanz. I’m not straight talker, I’m not crossbow. I’m not gene. I’m not redhot. I’m not gobbleman. I’m not police magician. I’m Bruce Pobanz. And when I do post here, I’ll continue to post as Bruce Pobanz. In case Jeff does not check this forum often either, I’ll copy and paste this in an e-mail to him right now. He can chat with me if he wants or not. That is his choice. I’ll show him respect either way.

Posted on November 3, 2012 - 06:32 PM #
  4. redhot

Bruce Pobanz. What can I say. I met you maybe two times. I’m in my 80’s. I’ve dealt with the man many years.
    As to who gave me my info. As you know it was not you. But was someone in the Republican party. I have friends in many places and they have friends of friends. Living for 80 plus years I have many friends. Too many are dying off, but still I have many friends still walking around.
    I was also reminded that two years ago Jeff Kilgore was not a member of the Republican Party in Glynn County. And two years ago, Jeff Kilgore was arrested and charged with battery when this big man Jeff shoved and pushed down, then much smaller and much older 70 year old GOP Chairman, Wayne Stewart. I hear from some in church, that know Jeff, say he is a hothead. They wish he would go back to Atlanta but Atlanta threw him out after he caused so much trouble there. Now he has come back to Brunswick.
    As to your election, this Jeff fellow may be right. You being a Republican. You may not stand a chance. Now if you were a Democrat, they would be going door to door for you. We got our marching orders in church on who to vote for. The Democrats passed out a card which we were told to take to the voting booth. The card said who to vote for. I was told vote for the brother. Along with Obama, I was told to vote for water and sewer candidates Ronnie Perry and Daniel Parshley. We were told in church these candidates they mentioned support the values of the Democratic Party and our fellow brothers and sisters. So if you were a Democrat like Perry and Parshley, then you might win. But if Republicans continue to fight like spoiled rich brats, than no Republican will win.
    I looked up your name on this forum. You last posted one year ago. Then no postings for three years. This forum is slow. You are welcome to come back and post. I wish more of the people from years back would post again. I agree with your comment about Scott tries to run a respectful forum. His talk show is fun to listen. I will not call in but I will post here now.
    If you win Bruce Pobanz, I’m sure you will do your best. That is all any of us can ask.
    Now I’m getting ready for church. We expect to receive another lecture on who to vote for again. On the Island, the Democrats tell us to vote for Obama, Messinger, Perry and Parshley. Those in the city are also told to vote for Holmes and Booker. They say if the name is not on our card, do not vote for them. I'll be driving some to the poling places on election day. I have a stack of cards I was told to hand out. Too bad I vote for who I want. I vote for the person. I do not vote straight party like some brothers and sisters. My hope and change has come and gone.
    Shhh. Do not tell anyone but I hope Romney wins.
    This is REDHOT. Spending my last few days, hopefully years, on the Island. And as they say on television, I approve this message.

Posted on November 4, 2012 - 05:08 AM #
  5. Jeff Kilgore

Without addressing who redhot is or is not, you are clearly a coward, as you hide behind a pseudonym. In addition, you are either senile, incredibly gullible or just stupid, because you write things of which you have no specific knowledge and which, for the most part, are totally not true. Your charges surrounding me being arrested are factually not true, and while your false charge about me being "thrown out of Atlanta" is amusing, I lived in Athens Georgia for three years and in Texas for three years after leaving Atlanta in the early nineties, all before I moved back to Brunswick. So you may want to modify your lies with me being "thrown out of Texas", or maybe "thrown out of Athens", rather than me being thrown out of Atlanta. When I left Atlanta, I did it on my own and quite gracefully thank you, with no one encouraging me to leave. When you can summon the courage to use your real name and tell the truth, then I will be pleased to discuss and clarify any other facts about my life that might draw your interest. Until then, I do not consider any other fantasies that you can invent worthy of my time.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 02:32 AM #
  6. redhot

Was Keff Kilgore arrested. County Magistrate Steven Morgan says yes. But you can read the entire story at:
    http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2010-08-06/story/meeting-scuffle-turns-serious-brunswick-activist-arrested

A Brunswick activist is arrested on charge of shoving Glynn's Republican Party chairman.
    Posted: August 6, 2010 - 10:38pm

BRUNSWICK - A magistrate ordered Jeff Kilgore, director of Defend Downtown Brunswick, arrested on a simple battery charge Friday for shoving the 70-year-old chairman of Glynn County's Republican Party at a meeting two months ago.
    Kilgore, 61, spent about 40 minutes being booked at the Glynn County Detention Center, which he vehemently opposes remaining downtown, before being released on his own recognizance.
    County Magistrate Steven Morgan issued the arrest warrant for Kilgore at the end of a two-hour hearing in which GOP county chairman Wayne Stewart testified Kilgore attacked him without provocation at a June 7 meeting attended by elected officials and candidates.

Kilgore, who doesn't belong to the party, wanted his wording adopted in non-binding straw poll questions asking July 20 Republican primary voters if they were willing to pay for relocating the jail out of downtown.
    Stewart testified Kilgore came at him while waving a paper angrily as Stewart adjourned the June 7 meeting in a downtown church.

"All of a sudden, Mr. Kilgore is in my face. He said, you lying S.O.B. - only he didn't say S.O.B, he just said it outright - then he said, 'I'm going to destroy you'. I said, 'Jeff, this is not the time or the place,' and he shoved me," Stewart told Morgan.
    Stewart said Kilgore repeated that "he would destroy me."
    "I asked if that was a threat, and he said '**** straight.' I told him he just made a big mistake," Stewart testified.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 04:27 AM #
  7. ryfun
    Key Master

I know Wayne Stewart and I know Jeff Kilgore. I wasn't there when the "incident" took place, but I will say this: I have a hard time coming up with a mental image of Jeff Kilgore using the phrase "**** straight." If I were teaching a screenwriting class, I would have docked the writer some points for giving Jeff dialogue that was out of character.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 01:46 PM #
  8. I say dueling pistols on the court house lawn will settle it all......Or maybe they can just pee on each other and the one that can pee the mostest and highest wins.....This community is ate up with morons.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 03:58 PM #
  9. Crossbow

It is ridiculous to bring you the thing with Stewart.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 05:42 PM #
  10. Crossbow

It is ridiculous to bring you the thing with Stewart.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 05:42 PM #
  11. Crossbow

Worst forum format in the history of the Internet.

Posted on November 5, 2012 - 08:23 PM #
  12. Karen77

I was at that GOP meeting. Standing near Jeff and Wayne.
    Jeff did not push him down Wayne did not fall. Jeff did not shove Wayne.
    There were loud words and fingers in the face
    And the louder voice was Wayne

Posted on November 10, 2012 - 05:53 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware