aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Kingston will not re-up

(12 posts)
  1. Gobbleman

I heard today from a relible source that Rep Jack Kingston will NOT run for congress during the next election cycle. I don't know if he will run for senate or not. It will be interesting to see who will run for his seat!!! Shaw McVey, Kevin Goof or Cap Findig!!??

Posted on February 14, 2013 - 11:30 PM #
  2. Old Guy

I guess that's a good news/bad news kind of story. He may be going after the great saxby's senate seat.

Posted on February 16, 2013 - 12:34 AM #
  3. Warrior

Any one of those three would be a big embarrassment, and we would all be big losers!! Jack Kingston brought dignity and civility to the office, so why would voters in the district settle for less the next timed?

Posted on February 16, 2013 - 01:31 PM #
  4. Gobbleman

It will be tough for anyone to beat a candidate from Savannah due to shear numbers....of course that is providing Savannah has a reasonable candidate. Usually there are about a dozen hopefuls that will get in the race with only one or two being someone you would vote for. Who we get as senator is imp too....I hope it is a common sense person who puts the good of the country about political gain but fat chance of that, huh??

Posted on February 16, 2013 - 02:00 PM #
  5. brucepobanz

Kingston says he will run for Senate

http://www.examiner.com/article/ga-district-1-kingston-will-run-for-senate-2014
    U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga) told a group of Forsyth County republicans on Saturday that he will enter the GOP 2014 primary to fill the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga).

Kingston, who currently represents Georgia’s 1st congressional district in U.S. House of Representatives, attended the Forsyth County Republican Party monthly meeting this weekend, where he reportedly said that he will seek the Republican nomination.

Posted on February 18, 2013 - 11:06 AM #
  6. Old Guy

Once they start feeding at the trough, they just can't leave it.

Posted on February 18, 2013 - 03:34 PM #
  7. Gobbleman

Kingston will not win the senate seat....too nambe-panbe (or is it namby-panby?) He has been in the congress 20 years and appeared on more liberal talk shows than anyone else in congress....humorous shows, not serious ones...that is his claim to fame....SO....we will go through the election cycle with a dozen would be congressal candidates and probably a half dozen senate candidates....Jack will have to go back to work if he remembers how, of course his retirement check from Congress will be a hefty sum....for the rest of his life!!

Posted on February 18, 2013 - 08:02 PM #
  8. Crossbow

So your analysis is that the most exposure and longevity in congress is a negative when running for a congressional seat while seemingly advocating for term limits .Interesting.

Posted on February 23, 2013 - 08:05 PM #
  9. Gobbleman

The negative part is NOT how long you say but what is done or not done while you are there. Yes, I believe if term limits are good for the country for prez and good enough for state for gov then limit them all...let them make their mark in a brief time of service not a life time of politics.

Posted on February 24, 2013 - 02:27 PM #
  10. Old Guy

I agree with Gobbleman on term limits. Professional politicians have given us a bankrupt welfare/warfare/police state.

Posted on February 24, 2013 - 07:53 PM #
  11. Crossbow

Newly elected politicians have done as much damage. More so on a local level.

Posted on February 24, 2013 - 08:08 PM #
  12. Gobbleman

CB, What you say may be true.....another good reason to have term limits....keep damage to a minimum....dont let the bums stay so long....oh, well, probably NOT going to happen....there would have to a LAW.....and they dont want to vote themselves out of a good paying job with benefits AND power!!
    !

Posted on February 24, 2013 - 11:06 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware