aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Lobster Garden

(33 posts)
  1. Jeff Kilgore

So Scott, you left off the most important point. Are you going to go back ? To Rhona, Darden IS paying the School Board portion of their property taxes, according to the agreement tha was executed with the Development Authority. That comment, however, is not intended to be an endorsement of the transaction, which I absolutely opposed at inception. It sure would be interesting to find someone who knows people in Waycross to see if the folks in Ware County made any deal with Darden.

A reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    Posted on June 21, 2012 - 12:15 PM #
  2. HESTENI

Scott, had your drinks been refilled, your wife would be even more soaked than what she already was.

I am amazed that the manager only took care of your wife and not your meal as well. After all, drinks spilled all over ya'll, no service for a good while, people coming up asking if you needed anything and still no order taken.

I think I would have shown them how I can vanish after that. Went to PAMS the last couple of nights and had no problems there. Food, drinks, company and atmosphere were great. Stick with the old ones you know, instead of the new ones that screw it up.

BTW, you and I need to go to PAMS in case you have never been there. You will see what I mean. Police Magician goes there too. I go when he is out and about doing other things.

Posted on June 21, 2012 - 01:13 PM #
  3. ryfun
    Key Master

I will take you up on that at some point, Hesteni! I'm sure it will be a magical time!

Posted on June 21, 2012 - 03:12 PM #
  4. iontv21

Wow! I was gonna give it 6 months before the locals ran it in the ground. Didn't get 6 days. You cannot tell me it's not a reflection of the work force in Brunswick. Not even opened a week and they're comping meals? Not a good way to start a business .

Posted on June 21, 2012 - 06:04 PM #
  5. truthteller

They hired a lot of very young workers. Most of them have never had jobs before. I talked with many of them when they were looking for the required uniform. A least they are trying to get work and not just waiting on the first of the month.

Don't shoot officer, it's not my sign I'm holding it for a friend.
    Posted on June 21, 2012 - 06:20 PM #
  6. Crossbow

I ate there tonight. Not bad. They made a mistake and corrected it. But I dont like servers asking how the food is while you just shoved some in your mouth and asking too frequently and they were doing that.

Posted on June 21, 2012 - 09:56 PM #
  7. ryfun
    Key Master

Jeff>I'm sure I will, but it will be a while.

Posted on June 23, 2012 - 08:48 AM #
  8. Crossbow

iontv21 Do you honestly think a new restaurant never comped a meal? Most of management and some staff is brought in from other restaurants. You need to give it a rest. With the economy no city is escaping a bad work force. But this goes past that. Their new and just like with a new 60 million dollar jet, they have problems.

Posted on June 23, 2012 - 08:55 AM #
  9. Jeff Kilgore

CB - I am impressed. Looking forward to a ride on that $ 60 Million jet of yours. One question, does the standard equipment include women and a stocked bar, or should I bring the Mogen David ?

Posted on June 23, 2012 - 09:38 AM #
  10. Rhonda101

Talked to a fellow from Waycross yesterday. The same tax or NO TAX deal was struck there. The people in Ware county are furious.

Posted on June 23, 2012 - 10:45 AM #
  11. Bob79

How many years is this no tax deal good for?

Posted on June 24, 2012 - 08:19 AM #
  12. Crossbow

Posted on June 24, 2012 - 09:39 AM #
  13. Rhonda101

You all remember the NO PROPERTY TAX DEAL struck with the county when your out busting your A?? trying to pay your fair share. Is the new Waffle House on Altama going to get the same deal from the city?

Posted on November 9, 2012 - 11:57 AM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware