aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Murder in the street @ Brunswick

(19 posts)
  1. Gobbleman

I truly feel for the mom whose baby was killed yesterday. I can not imagine anything worse. That being said, something about this story does not add up to me. Those boys who were involved should be in detention by now. It would be simple to check the schools, see who was absent and check on them. The older one could have been a drop out at 16 but the younger would still be enrolled. The only legit answer I can think of is they were NOT from around here, which means someone brought them here....and picked them up after the incident. Just something amiss and I can't put my finger on it.

Posted on March 22, 2013 - 12:37 PM #
  2. Gene

If the kids can go home and act like nothing has happened, we as a society have gone straight to hell. But, I hope they will be turned in by their kin folk, as terribly hard as that may be to do. Cnn.com, in the comments section under the story, many think the woman did this to her child. Not one or two, but many are saying/thinking this. I had never thought of that angle, and I don't buy it.

Posted on March 22, 2013 - 01:55 PM #
  3. brucepobanz

Seems two were arrested. One of them has a local facebook page filled with pictures of gang symbols and other things Even his description on facebook is ironic.

About Demarquise
    ME IN MY ****"S A TURN UR BLO5K IN TO MURDER SCENE

https://www.facebook.com/demarquise.elkins?fref=ts

Posted on March 22, 2013 - 05:20 PM #
  4. Old Guy

Felon incubators funded by tax dollars created these thugs. No humanity at all.

Posted on March 22, 2013 - 07:46 PM #
  5. jr45acp

Couldn't have said it any better myself OG. How do we, or can we stop it?

Posted on March 22, 2013 - 09:55 PM #
  6. Crossbow

I have been out on the streets. Would not be surprised if there isnt some vigilantes at work.

Posted on March 23, 2013 - 02:14 PM #
  7. Old Guy

Fox News picked up the story. Neighbors said that such things never happen around there. Brunswick has been a violent city for years. I'm sure we will soon be hearing "He's a good boy" about the killer. I don't know about vigilantes, as I no longer live in the city. I left in 2000 to find a safer place to raise my girls.

Posted on March 23, 2013 - 02:56 PM #
  8. SickNTired

I have a question.... I was recently asked about the differences between the Travon Martin shooting and the shooting of this child in the streets in Brunswick.. They both have received National News... In the Travon case.. Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barrack Obama and a majority of the black community rallied around the case and basically cried out for the lynching of the shooter.... Of course we all know that it was a white shooter and a black victim who has been recognized as a innocent child.. In the case of this white innocent child who was alledgedly shot by another black child, where is Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barrack Obama, NOW?? There are alot of opinions on this forum so I would appreciate it if some of you could help me answer this question.... Who is the white population's Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson...???

Posted on March 24, 2013 - 05:35 AM #
  9. brucepobanz

As a follow up to Old Guys most recent comment, it did not take long to hear he is a good boy.
    Elkins' older sister said her family knows he wasn't involved in the shooting.
    "My brother wasn't anywhere near that area as far as we know — not the scene or the shooting," she said Saturday.
    "He couldn't have done that to a little baby," she said. "My brother has a good heart."
    The entire article can be read at http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunswick-mother-certain-suspect-shot-toddler/-/475880/19439744/-/kkp5k8z/-/index.html

Posted on March 24, 2013 - 09:40 AM #
  10. brucepobanz

I may get some heat from this but I'll share what I am hearing on the street anyway.
    Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, for years, have been known to go where the money is.
    Al Sharpton was in Brunswick when Elaine Brown was running for Mayor.
    The leader of the free world, when it came to the killing of Travon Martin said publicly that if he had a son, he would look like Travon Martin.
    That, in the media, was considerd white on black killing.
    This, in the media, is considered black on white killing.
    Many on the street are asking, will the leader of the free world say the same about Demarquise Elkins as he did about Travon Martin?

Posted on March 24, 2013 - 09:53 AM #
  11. Gobbleman

This is the most horrific crime I can imagine. So glad they were caught. I expect the murderer will get life......I hope he becomes a target in prison and is given what he deserves. The other kid will not get life due to age. I wish we could have a speedy trial and hang him at the courthouse the same day.....no delays, no appeal and no mercy!!

Posted on March 24, 2013 - 11:15 AM #
  12. Old Guy

It's a shame that ordinary White folks have no advocacy groups. We are not permitted such. Can you imagine the uproar if David Duke came to town to make an issue of Black on White crime? It goes on in every major city in the US, but no one speaks out. It's open season on White folks. The New Black Panther Party called on members to kill White babies. Maybe one day we will have an organization that speaks for us. But even if we did, the media would demonize it immediately and the SPLC would list it as evil. Such horrible murders of innocents in broad daylight shows just how vulnerable White folks have become in the nation they founded.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 11:05 AM #
  13. Rhonda101

More FINES, yep that's the answer Mayor. Cut the lawns, move those junk cars and for God's sake make sure your address is on your house. You still have a crime ridden Ghetto.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 12:39 PM #
  14. Old Guy

I lived and worked in the city for 25 years. I saw good neighborhoods decline and become ghettos. Nowadays, many would prefer a mobile home in a bug infested swamp to living in a nice house in Brunswick. Public safety is THE issue facing Brunswick. I have little faith that it can ever be a safe place to live again. In fact, the entire mainland from FLETC to the docks downtown is becoming a ghetto.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 12:55 PM #
  15. Rhonda101

I hate to say all the way North to FLETC but certainly the Altama corridor to FLETC

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 03:45 PM #
  16. Crossbow

I guess where we had 8 murders North of FLETC and almost into McIntosh at one time is the Cloister west.

What I would like to know is why are our cops are on Craigs List busting prostitutes and this child killer and all is gang friends are all over Face Book. with thug pages. The child killer referenced murder on his page and took pictures of himself in gang colors. Face Book is an absolute gold mine of intelligence gathering on gangs and infiltration. But you need intelligence first to gather intelligence. Lets focus on a few prostitutes while everything else goes to hell.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 05:14 PM #
  17. Rhonda101

Don't confuse these GHETTO RATS with gang members. If a real gang member killed a baby on purpose in any major city, he would not last 48 hours in jail. Very small children that are killed in major towns by gangsters are killed by a stray bullets.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 07:29 PM #
  18. Gobbleman

CB, I agree....there is so much MAJOR crime in this city we are going to be known as Chicago South!! Focus on the thugs and gangs and drug deals....we need a clean sweep of the city.

To respond to "who is the advocate for whites?" The justice system should be in this role for ALL CITIZENS....I pay no attention to the Shapetons or J Jacksons of the world....and can't understand why anyone else does!!! I can speak for mysellf....don't needed a payed mouthpiece.

From todays AJC on line....Kevin Goof, public defender says his client is 1,000% innocent!! I know Kenvin has a job to do but that sounds like the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. Why not just say we are reviewing the facts and time will determine our course of action in the case......"1,000 % innocent!!" pitiful!

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 07:38 PM #
  19. Crossbow

Rhonda, you need to update your files. That reality is gone.

Posted on March 25, 2013 - 09:57 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware