aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Replacement for Neil Boortz

(33 posts)
  1. Crossbow

Yes I miss hearing about peoples arthritis and tomato plants. That has my world upside down.

Posted on January 22, 2013 - 11:10 PM #
  2. Gene

I got ya covered Cross. We had a pretty good winter garden this year. On Christmas day we harvested pimento peppers, green maters, red taters, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, onions, collards, turnips and their greens, lettuces, herbs. We are now all tilled and ready for Valentines Day so we can plant more red taters. They will be ready on Mother's Day. As far as arthritis goes, I am doing well, knock on wood. (lol)

Posted on January 23, 2013 - 11:32 AM #
  3. Love Lauren long time, however I think Scott is doing a great job. Scott allows for some lively conversation and does not cut callers off based on their opinion as Lauren used to do now and again. A good radio talk forum needs some ying and yang in the topic. Nothing gets old quicker than the same group of people jerking each other off to the same tune over and over.

Posted on January 24, 2013 - 06:08 AM #
  4. Crossbow

Lauren would cut you off if he didnt like what was being said or if he thought you were about to drop a bomb.

Posted on January 24, 2013 - 09:37 AM #
  5. Jeff Kilgore

@ Scott. Just an educated guess. All apologies if I appeared too presumptive. My favorite of all time was the Kimmer, who held down the afternoon drive time in Atlanta on WGST during that station's heyday, with Hannity in the morning, Rush in the noon slot and Kimmer at 3:00 PM.

A reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    Posted on January 24, 2013 - 04:45 PM #
  6. Gobbleman

Jeff, I really enjoyed the Kimmer too....he had the BEST "newsmaker hotline" calls...Kimmer was a great stright guy for the calls......HOWEVER.....MY fav radio program was Ron & Ron....does anyone remember them?? They WERE entertaining and fun....and a bit off-color but always kept something going!! Sure wish they would come back on!!

Posted on January 24, 2013 - 11:03 PM #
  7. Refugee

Hey Gobbleman, I remember Ron & Ron well. Probably my all time favorite morning radio show. I think they called it quits for personal reasons. Remember the guy who did the "Rick Flair" monologues? Their show was replaced with Bubba the Love Sponge I believe, not positive about that though. I couldn't stomach him or his show.

Posted on January 25, 2013 - 01:05 AM #
  8. Crossbow

Hannity is very very boring.

Posted on January 25, 2013 - 10:20 AM #
  9. Gobbleman

I agree CB Hannity is such a goody two-shoes....his mess don't stink!!! I actually timed his show the other day....starts at 5 after with the song "We'll put a boot in your a$$" very classy!! then a beak at 10 after....another break at 20 after.....a 10 break at 25 after....etc..out of an hour he is actually on the air about 35 minutes....what a gig!!

I sometimes listen to Jim Rome instead of Rush BUT Rome is tiring.....he has the worse delivery on the radio.....and constantly talking about "smack-downs" BORING!!!

If you can find Mike Huckabee on the dial he is more sensible and easy to listen to....I still would love Ron & Ron....and all their foolishness FAMOUS QUOTE.....
    "LET THOSE PUPPIES BREATH!!!!"

Posted on January 25, 2013 - 11:24 AM #
  10. jr45acp

With respect to Laura's show, has anyone other than me noticed a distinct hum while she's on the air? It only occurs when she is speaking. I don't know much about radio, but it sounds like the hum begins when she keys her mic. I find it beyond annoying!!!!

Posted on February 5, 2013 - 05:56 PM #
  11. Crossbow

Yep

Posted on February 6, 2013 - 11:24 AM #
  12. Gene

hmmm. I don't hear it. ??

Posted on February 6, 2013 - 11:49 AM #
  13. Crossbow

Low frequency hum. It is there

Posted on February 6, 2013 - 05:47 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.