aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

So Mr. Kingston, there really IS such thing as a free lunch

(12 posts)
  1. Gobbleman

Guess it really is just who is getting the "Free Lunch" that matters:

“Kingston and his staff expensed nearly $4,200 in meals for business purposes to his congressional office, paid for by the American taxpayer,” WSAV 3’s Dave Kartunen reported. The amount could have purchased nearly 2,000 Georgia school lunches.

WSAV also found that Kingston also racked up $4,289 of free meals paid for by third-party groups like the Georgia Bankers Association and the Congressional Institute.

On top of this, Kingston has taken several trips abroad in recent years, and when he travels, he enjoys “a generous per-diem allowance,” financed by taxpayers.

Maybe there is such a thing as a free lunch after all?

Posted on January 11, 2014 - 05:04 PM #
  2. HESTENI

Wonder if he will work in the cafeteria to support these lunches, as he suggested about the kids who get free ones. lol

Posted on January 12, 2014 - 02:40 PM #
  3. Gobbleman

that is what I was TRYING to say….you dummy!!

Posted on January 12, 2014 - 02:55 PM #
  4. LOL. Glad others know Hesteni is a dummy.

Posted on January 13, 2014 - 07:39 AM #
  5. Gobbleman

I know he is a dummy but still makes more sense than some of the callers on Straight Talk!!

Posted on January 13, 2014 - 09:44 AM #
  6. Crossbow

So? They all get perdiem. They all get meals paid for by third parties. He wasn't advocating aborting the kids. And free lunches is no longer based on economic status. My problem with him is his flood Ins. vote. The school thing is a ridiculous whipping post of the left. Lets not tech kids to work for something, Just teach them how to apply a condom.

Posted on January 14, 2014 - 10:31 AM #
  7. HESTENI

Alright, I just may run for office. Of course my party is the Greater American Confidence Party.

http://www.pophaydn.com/vote-pop.html

Like Pop Haydn, I won't lie to you unless it is for a really good reason.

Look at the link to see our platform.

Posted on January 14, 2014 - 03:09 PM #
  8. I agree CB. His vote on the flood issue, not knowing what was in the bill, was akin to a stool sample (it has to pass to know what all is in it).

I think he hurt his chances for this election just on that alone.

Posted on January 14, 2014 - 05:47 PM #
  9. Gobbleman

My problem with what Jack said is that he is hypocritical …..while he is given many free lunches he believes kids should have to work for theirs. The free lunch program is based on family financial conditions. Every child is provided the opportunity for bus transportation ….should first graders also be made to wash the buses?? Why not? They are given textbooks at no cost….should they rake leaves for their books?? No charge for instruction….since their is no charge for anything but food, let's provide everyone breakfast and lunch….many of the schools are almost there anyway….feed em all and invite Jack to eat a free lunch at school daily.

Jack did a lot of "crawfishing" regarding his vote on flood insurance….."well, they didn't do what they said they'd do" etc…..Jack is SO whimpy, but he will be in the senate runoff and may win ….best news is we will have a new congressman in our district….I believe Jeff Chapman would take names and kick @$$ if given the opportunity and rise to a quick leadership position….but I believe his chances are skim….

Posted on January 15, 2014 - 06:05 PM #
  10. HESTENI

The problem with people running for office who tell the truth is that they don't win as they do not speak the words the people want to hear. The people would rather hear lies and promises that cannot be produced than hear the reality of issues.

Sadly, this is America. We need new blood, not old blood in Washington. I trust no one who has been in office more than 8 years. They have gotten too comfortable and don't want to leave.

I still say Kingston will lose his bid.

Posted on January 18, 2014 - 09:56 AM #
  11. Gobbleman

Hesteni, for a dummy you make a LOT of sense….She may not be elected senator but Michele Nunn is going to generate a lot of interest in this race….she is smart and has a recognizable name…..bar-Nunn!! The female vote will turn out in this race... I agree with 8 years, that is the limit on the Pres and Govern….why not the rest of the bums!!??

Posted on January 18, 2014 - 11:28 AM #
  12. HESTENI

I am a dummy, but nobody's political puppet. Carter's son and now Sam's daughter joining the political spectrum. Can it get any worse?

I like the pun you did on her. Cute.

8 Years is long enough. After that, they get corrupt with power and have made too many contacts to work for the people who they are supposed to work for. Politics make for strange bedfellows as the saying goes.

Posted on January 18, 2014 - 12:03 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware