aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Sting busting beer sellers in Brunswick

(8 posts)
  1. redhot

WSAV News 3 - WSAV.com
    Published: January 07, 2013

BRUNSWICK, GA --
    Seven local store employees have been arrested in Brunswick for allegedly selling alcohol to a minor, police said. The arrests happened following a weekend investigation.

Full statement from police:

"Members of the Glynn/Brunswick Narcotics Enforcement Team, assisted by the
    Brunswick and Glynn County Police Departments, concluded a three day
    investigation this past weekend that resulted in the arrest of seven local store
    employees after they sold alcoholic beverages to an undercover agent that was
    under the age of 21.

Investigators conducted this investigation as a part of an ongoing effort to ensure that licensed stores continue to abide by local ordinances and state laws involved in the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages."

Those arrested and their ages are as follows:
    Jigesh Patel 43
    Dipak Patel 47
    Grace Clark 62
    Dhiren Patel 34
    Brijesh Patel 33
    Natisha Williams 34
    Sushila Dave 53

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2013/jan/07/7-busted-selling-beer-brunswick-ar-5313969/

Posted on January 7, 2013 - 03:07 PM #
  2. Crossbow

Yet the pill mills go unchecked.

Posted on January 7, 2013 - 04:01 PM #
  3. redhot

Speaking of beer in Brunswick. There is a rumor that details of the James Brooks bribery case, some involving a payoff for a beer sales license at the old Burger king on Altama, will not be discussed again until sometime after the next mayoral election in Brunswick.

Posted on January 7, 2013 - 06:36 PM #
  4. Refugee

Personally I prefer the pill mills to the alternative. Cuts down on crime. IMO.

Posted on January 7, 2013 - 08:38 PM #
  5. Crossbow

There isn't an alternative to opiate addiction ?

Posted on January 7, 2013 - 10:04 PM #
  6. Refugee

Evidently not one with a lot of success unless it's an fatal overdose. It's just my opinion that prohibition isn't successful either and just creates a black market that leads to a tremendous amount of crime. I know from experience. What's your suggestion? Prison? Personally, as I've said on here before, I'd rather see the money and prison space reserved for violent offenders, but that's just my opinion and I know it's not a real popular one. It would also put a lot of people out of work. It's a big business.

Posted on January 9, 2013 - 01:42 AM #
  7. mindbenderr

I wonder what the dollar amount is that is spent on the war on drugs, housing and maintaining the prisoners and last the amount of money that isn't being collected in taxes? Just a ballpark.

Posted on January 14, 2013 - 09:28 PM #
  8. Hey- you have to remember in the Judical/penal industry they must have customers and lots of them to justify the amount of tax dollars spent on everything from law enforcement ,lawyers, courts, jails, prisons , to who gets to sell them food , supplies, cars, ( list is endless ). Look at all the jobs that would or should get cut if you get the drug offenders out of the judical/Penal system. Cant have that.......Something has to be illegal for all those invested to keep their employment. So much for a country that claims to love freedom....

Posted on January 20, 2013 - 04:53 AM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware