aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

What is DHS Gearing Up For?

(35 posts)
  1. Crossbow

I saw that last week, I knew they had them. I wrote above they may be getting the hand downs from the Marines. We live in a scary time. I left the Military because I would not swear an oath to Bill Clinton. No way I would work for the government and not rationally see where this is going. And these liberals running the country now are the same Aholes that screamed bloody murder at the security being elevated after 911.

Posted on March 10, 2013 - 12:18 PM #
  2. Old Guy

I think it goes beyond republican or democrat. No matter which is in office, we are heading into a police state. I noticed that when Bush was in, the democrats were outraged by the patriot act, but now it is ok and we have even more intrusions with NDAA. Of course the attacks on gun owners is always predictable. I resent being lumped in with psycho killers just because I own firearms. It does appear to me that DHS is gearing up for some kind of civil disorder, maybe not quite the magnitude of 2700 armored trucks. Those are actually fighting vehicles, not unlike the old soviet BMPs or BRDMs. I don't really know what DHS is anticipating, but it concerns me. If they are coming after gun owners, nothing I own could stop them. But then, with martial law, they have tanks, attack helicopters, drones, and all manner of weaponry that the ordinary folks have no chance of resisting. If they choose to disarm us, they can. I hope that is not the plan. It would be ugly.

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 01:34 AM #
  3. SickNTired

This would be the perfect place for the Georgia State Defense Force.. (Ga's own volunteer militia) to help and assist in enforcing marshal law.. oh wait... that would never happen because the government is completely and totally honest in its dealings with the public.... Surely you guys are smarter than that.......

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 07:15 AM #
  4. Old Guy

The Public? We need to shut up and sit down. We only exist to serve our overlords. Here is more on the DHS arms buildup from Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 12:19 PM #
  5. Crossbow

They can buy up everything for the next for years and still be out gunned.

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 01:10 PM #
  6. Old Guy

Small arms aren't very effective against armor. We really don't have a good number for just how many MRAPs DHS will have access to.

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 02:29 PM #
  7. Crossbow

We had armor in Afghanistan and we have a large number causalities and worse. There is one thing people in armor have in common when their the objects of attack. Fear. One minute you are in a muli million dollar fighting vehicle and the next a molten lead pot on fire.

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 09:46 PM #
  8. Old Guy

If DHS attacks civilians, they won't have anti-armor weapons. That MRAP can stop .50 cal even. I am quite familiar with anti-tank weapons and have used them. But Walmart doesn't carry them. Anti-abortion activists, tea party members, constitutionalists, returning veterans, gun rights activisists and even libertarians are listed as potential "terrorists" by some in DHS. It's not like these citizens are going to have any effective anti-armor capability. They aren't the Taliban.

Posted on March 11, 2013 - 10:46 PM #
  9. Crossbow

You are given a bunch of goat F'ers more credit than determined Americans.

Posted on March 12, 2013 - 04:31 PM #
  10. Old Guy

"Determined Ameicans" who panic over a poptart or water pistol? Seriously, I think there is no end to abuse modern Americans will tolerate in the name of security. In any event, they would need more than small arms to stop an MRAP.

Posted on March 13, 2013 - 11:33 AM #
  11. Crossbow

Have you been asleep? There is no ammo or guns for sale.

You think these people in these vehicles can live in them 24/7?

The government isnt even going to trust the people in them. They take up ammo when Biden and Obama visits the troops.

Posted on March 13, 2013 - 06:41 PM #
  12. Old Guy

I am well aware of the recent ammunition shortages, thank you. I am a shooter. Are you really Rambo or Crossbow? My question was what is DHS gearing up for. I really am not sure, but there is no doubt they are arming up. I was thinking maybe an economic collapse and rioting. Or maybe it is more sinister, like disarming the population. BTW, some ammo and guns are starting to appear in the shops, in case you're short. Thinking that those using MRAPs will not follow the orders of those paying them is wishful thinking, Rambo.

Posted on March 13, 2013 - 09:07 PM #
  13. Crossbow

I am not in disagreement with what is happening, just your anal obsession with putting down other Americans and concluding they wont fight a tyrannical government if it comes to that. I mean ****, they needed you at Lexington telling the colonist they don't have a chance against the kings cannon, shiny rifles and pressed uniforms. I mean why be concerned about what DHS is doing with that attitude? Just submit to your leaders. Are you French?

Posted on March 20, 2013 - 01:13 AM #
  14. Old Guy

Unlike some armchair warriors, I have seen war. When TSA started abusing and assaulting airline passengers, I thought the American people would rise up against such violations of their 4th amendment rights. They did not. The people could have just stopped flying commercial airlines until TSA relented. You think these people will resist DHS? At my age, my capabilities as a warrior are very limited. I took an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I have been faithful to that oath. I doubt that many young people ever read the Constitution. Then we have the undeniable fact that a majority of American voters re-elected Obama. So if DHS decides to make war with the people, I have serious doubts that they will meet much resistance. In any case, they will need more than small arms to defend aganst armor.

Posted on March 20, 2013 - 11:47 AM #
  15. Say what you will about **** Chi Minh ( Nguyễn Sinh Cung) or the Taliban or Alqaeda or any of the other groups/persons that have fought against military forces that outgun, out equip, and out finance them, they understood/understand the long haul resistance. Make the cost so high, so long, so painful that the superior force eventually quits and goes home. Or at least thats been the case where the U.S. has been concerned since WW2. Not the fault of the fighting person/military, who for the most part has won every battle, but the fault of the politicians who place limits on those that are conducting the fight and politicians who eventually knuckle under to the propaganda being waged against them, who then surrender the war. I have my doubts about the american people having the stomach for a long haul fight ( so far they have proven to be unresolved in almost everything ) and especially if the fight will be amongst themselves. An Antietam would put the country into cardiac arrest.

Posted on March 20, 2013 - 01:36 PM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware