aware

Brunswick Talk Radio Forum 1440 WGIG » Straight Talk from Scott Ryfun

Where does the buck stop in Glynn Co

(6 posts)
  1. Gobbleman

We have had a long string of poorly handled incidents in the past recent history. I can't remember the details with the Barrios case (child killing) but I remember mistakes were made. The Guy Hines case had numerous mistakes, including not checking all blood samples, the dock master living closest to the Tom Sublett case was never interviewed. a man has a yard sign violation and it escalates to the point that the guy is shot in the back going into his home, an unarmed woman is shot to death in her disabled car, a 70 year old woman is thrown to the pavement face first because she scratched the officer. NO ONE IS PUNISHED or held accountable for all of these incidents. WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP IN GLYNN CO???

Posted on December 15, 2013 - 01:42 PM #
  2. Jeff Kilgore

I am curious why no one has responded Gobbleman, as I think it is an excellent question. I will start with the obvious answer, and that is your Board of Commissioners. I have found that most folks in Glynn County are fearful of "speaking out" or "confrontation", and so most people simply don't say anything, and hope that controversy just fades away.

I strongly recommend that you contact your District Commissioner (Browning, Provenzano, Strickland, Hunt or Booker) and both of the At Large Commissioners (Coleman and Taylor).

Let them know what you think, and encourage your friends to do the same thing.

A reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    Posted on December 22, 2013 - 01:54 AM #
  3. Crossbow

I agree but this is a place where logic is argued away with might makes right because an investigation was done.
    Like the one conducted before OJ and Casey Anthony was taken to trial. And for the most part the county commission is made up of pathetic idiots and jokers that cant answer questions without their safety wheels. You will continue to have this when your law enforcement runs on 4 votes out of 7 from commissioners. One on the Island that since taking office has tried to intervene for his friends to continue breaking ordinances that others are prosecuted by. Clear ethics violation. But we have a new logo and phone app. Contact your state legislators to make it a vote to consolidate the police department under the Glynn County Sheriff.

Posted on January 2, 2014 - 04:19 PM #
  4. ryfun
    Key Master

Because THAT office is much more respectful of your rights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N_tDh9wz8U

Posted on January 5, 2014 - 08:48 PM #
  5. benjycompson

HEY RYFUN,
    I just stumbled back in here. Thanks for posting that, and thanks to the guy with the camera and the cojones. Of course it is obvious, the guys wearing the suits are drunk with power.

And it does provoke some well deserved questions:
    Do people have the right to film other people without their permission?
    Does the government have the right?

These questions could be expanded to internet use, phone calls, or even "just looking". Aren't they all the same types of activity?

It is interesting that the government man does not cite trespassing, as it is an obviously public street. Instead, he cited "security". The government uses the same "protecting security" logic when it prosecutes men like Eric Snowden.

But here is my point- The libertarians who are saying that the government does not have the right to "invade our privacy" (as in the Snowden case) are making the wrong argument. Filming, monitoring public internet or phone use, or "just looking" are not invasions of property. The only true invasion of privacy involves,<I> physical trespass,</I> and these types of activity do not constitute trespass. Filming one's neighbor from one's own property is not trespass. listening in on a party line is not trespass. Monitoring the airwaves for telephone calls is not trespass. looking up a lady's short skirt is not trespass.

The right to property and to not be trespassed on is one thing. The "right to privacy" arguably does not exist.

Posted on January 8, 2014 - 12:49 PM #
  6. Crossbow

Obvious baiting of the deputies. Hilarious part was that the film maker thought he was dealing with the county police who he himself states became focused on Glynn County because of the Island incident that I am pretty sure wasn't staged. .

Posted on January 11, 2014 - 10:56 AM #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

aware